We continually make significant investments in emergency medical care technology to ensure that our ambulances and EMT’s are outfitted with the latest diagnostic and emergency treatment equipment so that our patient care is the best it can possibly be.
But all the advanced treatment technology in the world isn’t worth much if you don’t get to the patient in the absolute shortest amount of time. That’s why we also invest heavily in dispatch and communications systems, including GPS and fleet tracking systems in every truck so our dispatchers know at all times where our vehicles are located and can route the closest ambulance to an emergency.
The Ultimate in Patient Care
We take pride in going the extra step and equipping all of our ambulances with power stretchers –we are proud to have been the first ambulance service in Massachusetts to do that. That means every patient is ensured of getting the most secure and stable transport with a minimum of discomfort – there is no safer more comfortable stretcher available.
Here is a brief outline of our commitment to technology
- Power Stretchers: With a touch of a button, our power stretchers eliminate the need to physically lift the patient. Our stretchers feature an innovative battery powered hydraulic lift that raises and lowers the patient while providing outstanding ergonomics and superior comfort. Weight capacity is 700 pounds.
- Bariatric Stretchers: Our Bariatric Transport stretchers can accommodate weights up to 1600 pounds and can be transported with ease due to standard fastener configurations.
- Stair Chair: One crew can safely operate our Stair Chair to assist patients in multi-level facilities or in emergency situations. The patented design is scientifically proven to help reduce operator injuries.
- Ventilators: MedStar’s ventilators are specifically designed for use by respiratory therapists, paramedics and trained emergency personnel. It’s light weight, self-contained and equally suitable for emergency and non-emergency transports of adults, children and infants. It also allows for CPAP and BiPaP.
- Cardiac Monitors: All of our ALS units are equipped with 12-lead Cardiac Monitors. These monitors can read CO2 levels, take blood pressures and can deliver a measured level of electricity to the heart based on the individual patient. Our monitors can even send the 12-lead ECG strip electronically to Emergency Departments/Doctors prior to the patients arrival.
- Infusion Pumps: We utilize the most dependable and reliable Infusion Pumps on the market today. Accuracy and durability are most critical when medications are running.
- Electronic Patient Care Report: MedStar utilizes an Electronic Patient Care Reporting system that enables easy, accurate data entry in the field and allows for patient care reports to be viewed and recalled for billing and operational reporting. This software interfaces with our computer-aided dispatch system, 12-lead cardiac monitors and billing applications, ensuring security of records and accessibility for clinical review.
- Computer-Aided Dispatch: At MedStar, all calls into our Computer-Aided Dispatch Centers are digitally recorded to ensure accuracy. Our CAD systems are capable of monitoring and transmitting on both UHF and VHF frequencies simultaneously, this ensure superior communication with our crews; all to enhance favorable patient outcomes.
- State of the Art Dispatch Centers: Our Dispatch Centers are strategically located in two, separate, fully staffed ambulance stations. This provides a redundancy should a natural or manmade disaster strike either location, keeping operations running smoothly and without interruption to your facilities or patients.